Saturday, April 28, 2012

NIOSII - Week 10

This week I tried changing the address lines to see if that would solve the problems. I tried shifting the data where the address is assign in the verilog code, however that didn't work and made it worse. I tried changing how the SOPC address line is inputed into the lan91c111 address line, but that doesn't help either. I tried changing the verilog so that address line is size of 4 in the verilog and created the new symbol to match the address by how the NIOS ethernet guide say, address [4:2] goes into address [3:1] in the lan91c111. That also did not work. I tried changing the SOPC so that the lan91c111 is set as onboard ethernet port. For that design I used the ethernet address as told in the  NIOS ethernet guide, and the outcome was that the ethernet acts almost exactly like how I had it last week. The one change was that the MAC address was not able to be found in the flash and had to give it the board number to get its MAC address.

No comments:

Post a Comment